Friday, October 18, 2013

Days 17-18 "It's What's Inside That Counts"

We went to the Olive Garden on Wednesday night with our married kids.  Our daughter-in-law is just a gorgeous person, inside and out.  Stunning in both appearance and a magnificent spirit and intellect, I can hardly believe she's ours.  She always looks fabulous and is a reason to dress up a bit more than I would ordinarily. LONG STORY SHORT ... I wore my jeans that have been WAY too tight for quite a long time.  And a jacket with a top that I wouldn't have worn even two weeks ago.  I was very comfortable all evening.

SUGAR DETOX "Woo-Hoo" moment.  The scale doesn't say much, but those jeans do, and I was delighted.

The important thing, is that there was an inner connection with more of "the sugar-free" me ... Happier and lighter both in spirit and choices when the waiter took our orders!  I know this  person is a much more authentic and "real me" (and the one my Heavenly Father wants me to be)when not bogged down by that churning-thinking-wondering-devising how I'm going to get my sugar "fix".

I read something so fascinating (at least to me) the other day.  That we as brothers and sisters in the human race, are individually referred to as are HUMAN "BEINGS" rather than HUMAN "DOINGS".  We get so caught up and distracted in the "doing" however, that the outside, viewable "doings" win the prize over the non-visible "being."  And not much changes, because it's not from the inside out.

The  busy-frantic"doing" makes an external effort to make things happen or "change things."

While the "being" quietly takes care of things in a natural way, simply by allowing the laws of "being" to move forward.

It's Joseph Smith's answer, "I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves." ... Internally, spiritually, without force.

There will ALWAYS-ALWAYS-ALWAYS be sugar and quickie carbs and people that we adore that eat them and expect us to join in.  We may even need to prepare and serve them!  What a situation, yet, we can still be healthy and sugar free, when we're settled and secure on the INSIDE.

This being settled and at peace is far more important to me right now than removing sugar from every sight.  (Impossible anyway!)  It takes intention, and action, and decision, which are all INSIDE jobs.

My intention is to BE at peace with my decision to be sugar free for a lifetime, and for it to be a "no-big-deal" "this is just what I do and who I am" part of my every day life-style. 

I'm not there yet, and it may be a long time, but today feels great.

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment