Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 3 - "Bloom Where You Are Planted -- No More Weeds!"

Going public on a blog with my own sugar struggles is both liberating and overwhelming.   As I wrote the message for Day 3, and the idea of writing down where you literally are when you indulge, I have had flashbacks allllllll day. 

When there are indulgings there have been countless times when I'm with other people, but the real issues -- the ones where I can't stop and the ones I want to address -- are in my own kitchen.

Standing up. 

Usually alone.

At the counter, or at the sink, or sometimes in front of the fridge (or the extra fridge we have in the garage.)

With a spoon .... in the evening after dinner.

I'm thinking and tell myself it's "just a taste" .... but how many times for how many years has it been far more than that.  These memories go back to my early teen-age years.

If  I was able to lick (no pun intended) even this one really destructive habit, how different things would be.

No more furtive tastes from the cartons or bowl with a spoon.  Or a series of repeated little bowls -- prtetnding they are small amounts that are eaten in a hurry to finish so no one will know. 

Like a child who's going to get caught in the cookie jar. 

I've heard and believe that you can't delete a negative behavior without adding something new!
For October and the 30-Day detox, when the cravings/indulgings to eat while standing at the counter or in front of the sink or fridge come, I will say:

"You bloom where you are planted!  Choose weeds or flowers!!!"

 "You can bloom in negative feelings about yourself and way too many calories when you are planted in front of the counter or sink.  Hello, weeds.

 Or

"You can bloom in health and positive feelings about yourself when you are planted at the table, sitting on a chair, with food in front of you like a grown-up, with a real dish, fork, spoon, facing the world like a grown-up."

Have you ever noticed that weeds grow a lot faster and bigger than flowers? 
And that the only thing that grows without work is ... WEEDS????!!!!!

I'm ready for a gorgeous autumn bouquet.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment