Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 9 - "Doing Fine and Saving TIME!"

I've been making note of foods that come my way and how I responded to them.

Interesting side benefit: Being Sugar Free Saves Time!

Yesterday was an eye-opener.  We had the missionaries for dinner.  I did not have time or interest in preparing a dessert BUT I actually had two to offer these darling Elders: Both cupcakes and pie.
Why?  They were gifted to us ...

1) Country blueberry pie:  This was a leftover from the friend who had brought it for our special lunch on Conference Sunday.  Usually the 2 she brings are long gone by Monday evening. Why were there leftovers by Tuesday?  BECAUSE I HAD NOT NIBBLED IT TO DEATH! 

2)  Cupcakes: My visiting teaching companion and I also took dinner to one of our sisters.  She made the gooey cupcakes for dessert, and gave 6 to me.  Even ten days ago, I would have found a way to gobble 2 or 3 of them before the Elders arrived.
(I'm rather embarrassed about all of this, but putting it down re-affirms my commitment to move beyond this)

I arranged the cupcakes on a cute tray.  And didn't even lick my fingers with the drippy frosting.

One elder chose cupcakes.  One chose pie. And we sent the leftovers HOME with them.

For whatever reason, I had eaten very slowly during the meal and while they enjoyed their dessert, I was just getting to my salad.  Ha! 

I had a dream last night that I found myself with a lot of chocolate in my mouth.  It did not feel or taste good.  In the dream I found a napkin and spit it out.  And that DID feel good!

In the future, if a dessert is not "gifted" to us for the Elders, I'll just fix fruit.  We love them and having them here.  Having a good time and being generous with them does not have to include desserts :0).

And I may just eat slowly in the future and save my salad for dessert again.  Nobody cares.  They are much more involved with their own meals than watching me.  I am learning and ready to not just get over SUGAR, but to get over MYSELF. 




No comments:

Post a Comment