Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4 - Oh Say Can You "C"

Yesterday was the "where" do you indulge assignment to list the places you'd most like to eliminate the negative nibbling (or more than nibbling, HELLO?!).

For me it was (and at this point I am determined to make it a WAS rather than an IS) at the kitchen counter, which begins with the letter C.

Today I'm asking you to make a list of  the sugar foods that we get going on and historically cannot stop.

Wow ... For me it's

cookies and cookie dough,
chocolate in its many categories (class doesn't count.  I love cheap chocolate as well as costly)
candy
cake
cupcakes
cream anything, i.e. buttercream, ice cream, etc.
crackers

Now it feels like Sesame Street:  "What sugar foods does Carolyn compulsively eat that begin with the letter C?"

Will you do the same in your notebook?  Just make a list of the foods that have caught you, captured you and carried  you down into their dark little den.

The truth is, most of us have a relative in the not too distant family lineage that has compulsive tendencies to alcohol, or other addictions.  I have always known that if I were in a circle where alcohol was acceptable, I would have the same problem I do with the C list above.  Whether it's truly genetics or just the way things are, I express gratitude that my compulsions are not where they cause serious family relationship problems or/and other serious difficulties.

Now that it's all on paper, it's time to replace to get the bad Cs OFF the counter, out of sight and out of the house so that I CANNOT C them and replace them with the calorie and health friendly Cs ...

Hey there, you bad-guy foods that begin with the letter C, I'll be checking you twice before consuming you from now on!  And you pretty, colorful healthy ones, I'm listening for your song!

Carrots (baby carrots, steamed carrots, all are yummy!)
Celery (with salsa anyone?)
Cucumbers  ... you're calling my today!  What a relief!
I love Cabbage too both raw and cooked.

OK, I'm on a roll and feeling better.

Today, make a list of where you get CAUGHT, and see what it tells you

My old C list doesn't bring congratulations or comfort anymore, just compassion and commitment to let it  be a closed chapter and to welcome the new Cs

Love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment