Thursday, February 20, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAYS 9-10

Lots happening with getting ready to move my Mother to Texas a week from now.  I could go on and on about her, my love for her, how I admire her, how none of us ever expected her to live so long ... but I'll just leave it as a great deal of gratitude for all the good she brings and the strength she possesses and shares with the world.  And what it all inspires for our family and far beyond.  She practiced sitting in her wheel chair for a couple of hours today, getting ready for sitting a long time at the airport and on the plane. Good for her!

I think I could live this program forever.  Eating 6 times a day, knowing that there's a day you can take off ... Although quite truthfully, my Freebie day will never be based on mindlessly eating sugar, cookies, cookie-dough, dessert or "whatever comes along".  If I have it, it will be a CHOICE, and for something very special.  It is very different know than back in October when I thought about it all the time.  I just don't think about it the same.

As I chatted with my sister about it (who had read through the blog here) I voiced again the social elements that are involved.  I'm working my way through them.  But 98%, quite honestly, are not big enough at this point to get too twitter-pated.  Lots of people don't drink alcohol or soda, smoke, eat certain foods, wear certain items of clothing, etc., etc.  I don't do sugar.  As a matter of choice. 
"Ain't no big thing" -- as they used to say in Hawaii. 

But it was until 5 months ago.

Tonight as we were watching the Olympics, I ate the rest of the green salad from dinner with my fat-free Italian dressing.  It lasted ever so much longer than a cookie or a bowl of ice cream.  And totally satisfied that need for "something to crunch on". 

To not be done eating ... but quite honestly with those 6 little meals a day, I'm often eating, and even well into the evening, which is a lovely change of pace!

I think the biggest thing happening is my increased stamina.  I'm getting excited about being able to lift more, and last a little longer with my workout sessions.

As we watched the gorgeous women figure skaters tonight, just little wisps -- dancers really -- yet so incredibly athletic, I refuse to get involved in any kind of judgment on my own lack of athletic prowess.   Or really any athletic interest, to be honest.  My sons Spencer and Justin got it all for the whole family.

But the lifting is REWARDING, and my classical music on WETA radio is just perfect for it.

Can't wait for my upper body workout tomorrow morning.  Ben (my neighbor/trainer) is going to come over at 7:00 a.m., and he's so fit and such a fun contrast age-wise and every-wise that it's just plain FUN.  It all (including his company) gives me a lift that lasts all day.  I love to see  how he has taken his work/talent as a gymnast and professional clown seriously.  He's got some great abs exercises, and is patient with me just finding my wings with all of this.  It's like having one of my kids root for me.

YAY for today.  Yay for tomorrow.  Yay for how 10 glasses of water a day is blessing my SKIN. YAY for how comfortable it is quickly becoming as a way of LIVING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment