Saturday, February 15, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 6

So, yesterday was Valentines.  A day filled with chocolate and desserts, frosted cookies with sprinkles, pink & red M&Ms, not to mention the Russel Stover cream-filled chocolate hearts, right????!!!!

WRONG:  To tell you the truth, I didn't even THINK about it.  What's that all about.  A bag of little foil-wrapped chocolates that we got to send with our kids valentines has SAT on the kitchen table all week. I don't know what I was going to do with it -- maybe give some to a neighbor, or "decorate" a little corner with some.  I don't know. The point is ... they're still sitting there an I have absolutele zero interest in them.

All other years, I was eating (make that gobbling) those little things.  Getting sick on them. By the end of Valentines my stomach was churning and my head ached from the chocolate.

As it is, I DID get up with a stomach ache. But not from chocolate.

I think my body has changed/aged. 

We went to the Afghan Kabob for dinner.  I used my "FREE" Day for our dinner.  We had an order of the delicious NAN bread, and we ate it all.  We had our veggie dumpling thingies that are SO delicious and just the right amount of spicy.

FOR DESSERT: We went to McDonalds and had their teensy-weensie (how did that get so small???) fruit parfait, and finished reading our hysterically funny JUNIE B. JONES book, "Mushy Gushy Valentine."  I know it sounds like a lame thing, but we had SO fun.  Not really time for a movie, and it was a super fun date.

When I came home and helped mom, I had a little of the leftover Chinese fried rice from the night before as part of my "Free" Day.

And went to bed.  And WOKE UP WITH A STOMACH ACHE and that sweet taste in my mouth as if I'd eaten nothing but Costco Chocolate cake all day.

In thinking about it, it must have been the extra bread at dinner, and that rice, because there surely wasn't enough in the yogurt parfait to make a difference.

THE POINT IS:  Wow.  The pleasure is SO gone from eating sweets. 

I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about that, as you need some treates every now and then ...like on Valentines. But it's clear, my body is moving on, and so must my mind ... and Heart.

Thus, 'twas Valentines.  Today is a special lunch for an anniversary celebration ... but  I know I'm going to be able to find some veggies, some fruit for a carb and a little protein and call it good.

YAY B4L. You are my friend.

I did the 20 minute aerobics workout this morning, and you just feel SO good after exerting that 100% effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment