Thursday, February 13, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 4

I did my aerobic exercise yesterday, and thanks to the success journal that requires you to write down the exact time spent, I wondered why I was 4-5 minutes short on the 20 minute workout.  I HAD totally miscounted the number of times you work your way up in intensity from minute to minute.  It's 4 cycles, rather than 3.  No wonder!

Gotta say again, I'm glad I bought the journal.

Even with the snow forecast, I forced myself out and over to the one store in town that has the body fat calipers.  I am committed to do this according to THE BOOK.  Whether I lose a pound, or an inch or change my body/muscle percentage is not nearly as important as doing the for 84 days, and jumpstarting the state of my bones and muscles.

I had known from the beginning of my October Beat Sugar Cravings month that I was eating too many carbs -- even healthy carbs i.e. whole wheat -- but that was way better than candy.

COMPLEX CARBS
: With this, the program outlines the truth that FRUIT is a complex carb in the same way WHOLE WHEAT IS.  They both count as a carb. Same for legumes. All carbs, and you get ONE portion per meal.   So it's weird to see myself choosing to NOT eat fruit if I've got my lentils or barley going, as in the delicious lentil/barley soup we had tonight. (Bob's recipe.  A gem.)   For years I have  always had my fruit right along with the legumes (in the soup), and a piece of whole wheat toast -- AND THE SOUP as well.  Hmmmm.  Wow.

TOFU:  YAY!  I added it to my carb of choice (Oatmeal) today to make it a complete meal.  You don't even taste it.  It's just a healthy easy protein.  I actually added a scoop of canned pumpkin to it as well, along with my Truvia and some cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.  ... More like a dessert than a meal.  But YUMMY, and so filling, and a big portion.  I just need my big portions.  I JUST DO.

WATER: Emily (my daughter) uses an amazing program for helping her babies sleep enough called "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child." It's counter-intuitive that putting your child down for a nap or the night BEFORE they are tired is the ticket and that "sleep begets more sleep." 

I am finding the exact same thing true for me.  The more water I drink, the thirstier I am.  10 glasses of water seems to be a lot, but whereas 6 glasses has been a struggle for forever, now 10 is no big deal at all.  Go figure.

The real point is that I am DOING THIS FOR 84 Days, and we'll see where we are at the end, how I feel and what tweaking I need to do to make this right for me.

I am excited, learning and getting comfortable with the whole up- leveling involved with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment