Tuesday, February 25, 2014

12-Week Challenge: DAY 16

(For New Readers looking for the October Beat Sugar entries, please click on "Older Posts"  They were done throughout October 2013.)

I continue to just get excited everyday by the messages and before/after pictures from the Success Journal!  (Available at Amazon CLICK HERE  It's kind of pricey ($22.00) for how I usually live on the thrifty side of life, but is 100% helping me stay enthused and committed.  When I think of how much a Weight Watchers meeting cost, this is very affordable ... and I deserve and need it!

What if the real me, turning 60 in May, is a whole lot stronger physically and mentally, than I had originally thought was possible?  I love the growing vision in my heart of the last 30 years of my life being in peak physical form ... for doctors and family and whoever to say, "You look terrific!  How'd you do that?  And for it all to reflect how STRONG my bones and muscles are.

Bill Phillips has a quote in one of his books that a healthy spirit deserves to live and thrive in a healthy body.  I like that a LOT.

Lots of new people joining the 10 week challenge, and to you I say, "Woo-hoo!  Welcome!"

It seems crazy to me that I am taking this challenge on when my family life is as busy as it has ever been with 1) preparing to take/move my 92 year old Mom to Texas on Friday afternoon with Bob and spend a day with our grandkids in Austin as well; 2) Returning on Sunday afternoon to Virginia; 3)  then cleaning and preparing for family to start arriving on Monday afternoon all to celebrate; 4)Cooper's return from Brazil on Wednesday afternoon.  The rest of the week is schedule in much of the same way ... with things that everybody wants to do while they're home.

Could the timing be any tighter?  I don't think so, and was totally out of our control on this crazy situation since Mom's fall on December 26.  

So!  You know what?  Life will ALWAYS be busy (maybe not THIS busy, but always things happening.)  That's how it is!

I loved a Neal Maxwell quote -- something to the extent that  "You should definitely plant shade trees.  You may not find much  time to sit under them, but they're lovely to look at ... and think about."

So --

1)  Will there EVERY be a BETTER time to do this challenge? No. 
2) Do I feel SO much better on top of my game when I'm eating and exercising? Yes.
3) When did eating out of control and sugar when under pressure and stress EVER help?  Never.4)When does eating right and exercising help with stress?  Always!

'Nuf said.  Carry on, my dear.
Tonight Mom, who dearly loves her treats, and I went through her dresser where her stash is.  Before October, that was always a good place for me to find/snitch candy.  It still is, although now I don't care and didn't give ANY of it a second thought as we scooped it up to send with her:  Chocolate marshmallows, Gourmet Canadian toffee and caramels, suckers, peanut butter cups, chocolate-orange sticks, a box of licorice all-sorts that I used to just love ... Hershey's kisses.  Imagine all of that JUST SITTING THERE and it not even being a temptation anymore. 

I fixed dinner for the missionaries tonight as well -- and how odd to be able to scoop out chocolate chip cookies from the tub we keep for that very purpose, and not need to eat the dough as I went along.  It's strange, I remember years ago as a freshman at BYU baking cookies with a gorgeous girl named Ruby with a beautiful figure.  We made the whole batch and she didn't lick a spoon, scrape a bowl for tastes, eat the dough in any way at all.  Why should I remember that from 1972 ... 40 years ago?  But I do.  And now I'm turning into that.

It feels WONDERFUL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment