Friday, February 21, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 11-12

I am so excited.  Scot has agreed to allow me to share what I am doing with Meridian ... will there ever be enough words of gratitude for them and their marvelous publication?  It brings so much good to this world, so lovely -- yet so difficult!  Even when you have the truths of the gospel.

And why is it that food is such an easy place to run to when things get scary or tough?

There will also never be enough words for the depths of gratitude I feel for being free from sugar.  I blogged about it through October, and now that it's four months later, what a relief to have been able to help my mom, the changes in her life and ours over the past 2 months -- WITHOUT SUGAR! Without gaining weight! Without the sugar blues.  Whatever I have felt and said, has been from the heart and not from the distortions to mood and spirit that sugar brings.

Today was very busy.  Maggie, our accountant spent the day with us for our tea business.  Oh, my.  I do wear a lot of hats.  Most of them are very fun, and I love every aspect of our business.  Including the jigsaw puzzle of bookkeeping.  But the end of the year business matters, and meeting up with all the local and federal government requirements are not for the faint of heart.

Thank goodness for the extra soup from night before last:

A long time family favorite. 

1 Jar of spaghetti sauce
1 Jar of water
1 Bouillon cube
1 large chopped onion
1 box of frozen spinach.

Bring all but spinach to a gentle boil.  Add the box of frozen spinach.  Lower the heat and cover.  Cook gently until the spinach is well cooked.  Serve over pasta, or our favorite:  ravioli squares.

Today, as it was reheated, I added TOFU.  YUM! It is basically flavorless, but turns into whatever you need it to be and is INSTANT protein!  A piece of whole wheat toast on the side.

Well, in a bowl of soup is peace and happiness, and solace.

And with Body for Life -- you can eat again in just a few hours.

What's not to love?

And NOW I GET TO SHARE IT ALL with my Meridian FRIENDS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment