Tuesday, February 18, 2014

12-Week Challenge Day 8

A full week of living the program, journaling, blogging, and looking at my 12-month planner.  Can I REALLY do this for 12 weeks.  The answer is:  YES.  I'm doing it, having an OK time, and this morning my workout left me energized after working so hard.  Love that feeling!  I think I'll continue to get better as time goes by.

Am really glad again, that I bought the journal, as there are messages that I need to hear ... and those before/after pictures are really inspiring.  If even a small percentage of those blessings came my way, I'd be thrilled.

Perhaps the most important part of the day was helping mom to bed last night, and she said, "If I'd known I was going to live so long and get so old, I would have taken much better care of myself."

Wow.

The truth is, this taking care of yourself takes TIME.  What you spend exercising and chopping veggies cannot be used elsewhere.  As far as mom, I KNOW she used her time so well and so beautifully in serving others constantly!  Perhaps she could have eaten better, but here she is at 92 and very alive.  Too bad her lower body didn't really work for the kind of exercising I'm doing now due to her accidents and injuries ... so I'm surely not blaming her.

But  message was heard, even so.  (She also put off carpel tunnel surgery until it was entirely too late ... that was a shame, as she really has so little use of her hands now.)

SHE IS INSPIRATION to me, in so many, many priceless ways. 

 (Tomorrow I'll write about Scot Proctor's mom, and what she's doing at 95 ....)

The part I'm struggling with is wanting more carbs to eat, since my beans/legumes AND fruit are considered complex carbs on this program.  But overall ... doing GOOD and feelin' the luv.

No comments:

Post a Comment