Tuesday, February 11, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 2

Day 1 was wonderful. 

I am already thankful I spent the $20 at Amazon for the B4L Success Journal.  It allows you to record everything in a nice spiral book.  The B4L motivation and before/after picture and story on each page is exceptional as well.

Ben:  This marvelous young man in our neighborhood has been a favorite of mine since he was in elementary school.  He is the same age as my own sons, and brilliant in his talents and so many skills.  He has performed as a clown at Ringling Brothers Circus, and an acrobat, and martial arts ... he says he's not in top shape.  But it feels that way to me.  He is coming on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to help me kind of like a Personal Trainer.  He knows the cable machine well, so he does a mini-work out with me.  He says I'm helping him too, in other ways.  At this time I feel like he's an angel from heaven to help me. 

A-HA Moments:  Could it be that as soon as you start exercising and taking control, other things snap into focus as well?  I know I was directly inspired during my scripture study yesterday (after exercising) with a challenging relationship.  I was able to implement my inspiration, that left me feeling much better about things and a new way to approach this relationship.

It's interesting that my daughter ALSOS had a huge A-Ha moment with her own challenging relationship.  Is this a coincidence????  B4L IS more than just for you body, it's for LIFE itself, and as always, when we're in  control of our bodies, our Heavenly Father's spirit can be heard so much more clearly!

I did get my 6 meals in -- it is such a joy to have a real little "meal" that many times a day, and not just "snacks" -- which leaves me on the prowl for more.  The 10 glasses of water too!
The Before & After Photo: Progress

This has been trickier than it seems.

I followed through on my goal of working on those before pictures as well.  In the B4L challenge, everyone is wearing a 2-piece swimsuit.  That, of course, is not my style or standard. So what to do about that.  I went to Modell's last night and bought a pair of shorts and a sports bra.  This will do. 

In trying them on I decided (way-way-way) ahead of time not to get hung up on how I looked.  These are for documentation purposes only.  Even so, it's a window into why my clothes are not fitting the way I'd like for them too.

Aging is a funny thing ... I'm not more than 2-3 pounds heavier than when I was a Weight Watcher leader wearing a size 4 or 6 .... but everything has dropped and spread.  Will B4L change that?  I don't know ... and as long as it strengthens my bones and my muscles, that's what matters most.

I could go on and on, and may make a post, about coming to terms with a 4 foot 11 inch (well maybe even a bit less than that) body, with a medium bone structure ... I think the term as well is
"Endomorph" ...

As I shopped at Modell's last night among all the fitness attire, it was fun to imagine myself being a WHOLE LOT MORE FIT.

After all, I write a health column, have published a meaningful book about weight management, and we are operating a very successful business with a health product that makes a huge difference in people's lives.

Is there any reason why I SHOULDN'T look like fitness matters a lot to me?   I'd like to look like one of those professional women who are trim and athletic, but where it's not something they obsess about .... Yes.  I'm developing and adding that image for myself.  In addition to being a loving wife, darling mother, mother-in-law and fun, energetic GRANDMA :0)

Yes ... It's TRUE:  I've been at a healthy weight for a very, very, very long time thanks to Weight Watchers, for which I'm so grateful. 

Now it's time to take on more than just a healthy weight, but healthier bones and muscles, and any side benefits that may come along are most welcome. 

By tomorrow, I'll have my pictures.  I'll be using the self-timer and a wall downstairs, because this is MY BABY and I'm surely not ready to share it with anyone.

Day 2! Let me open the door and invite you right on in!

No comments:

Post a Comment