Monday, February 10, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 1

I am so excited ... a little nervous too.  I have watched people blog on these things before, and watch them peter out about 3 weeks into it.  After having done the full month of October, with the sugar-free cravings month, however, I know I can do this.  I have made a spiritual, emotional commitment filled with integrity and commitment.

DAY 1.

It's amazing how this book has sat there for all those years.  Then surfaced when I needed some motivation and guidance so badly.  I think prayers can be answered by books just as much as they can by people.

I've spent the past 2 weeks studying, and preparing ... "testing the waters" and finding I like them very much with the 6 small meals.  Somehow or another, a quest on Craigslist for more weight equipment turned into a trip over to a neighbor's to see what they were using, and them GIVING me a fantastic cable machine that I fully plan to MAKE THE MOST OF.  It's looking like a full-fledged gym down there.  The weight bench and dumb bells I've been using will still play a part, but OH MY GOODNESS ... that machine puts everything into a completely different place.

I've purchased the Body For Life (from hereon shortened to B4L) success journal to record everything.

As big as the commitment is to do it ... an even bigger one is to FINISH the full 12 weeks, with my darling Kelly.

THIS MORNING I did get up at 5:15, and after the other morning things I do, spent the time on the upper body workout.  It's not gonna happen without scheduling the time.

My Mom's incredibly frail little body, and the predicament we're in at this time is my incredible motivation.  She's been with us for 18 months ... we love her with all our hearts but for ever so many important and good reasons, it is time for her to move to another sibling's home.  Unfortunately, no one lives close.  The plan -- in theory -- is for her to spend some time now with a sister in Texas. A 3 hour plane flight.  But getting her there is terrifying.  She has not sat in a chair for longer than 20 minutes since her fall the day after Christmas.  She cannot do any steps at all.  She can now get herself in a standing position by herself and walk about 50-100 feet, which is huge progress from a month ago.  Her little body is completely bent over from the waist ... She is in pain when not lying down.   Today we will investigate with the doctor and the airlines if a first class seat would get the job done ... but we worry about the up and downing, and long sitting at the airport beforehand, and in and out of the car, security, etc., etc., etc.  It will all work out, but it's a big concern to all of us.

She is inspiration in a thousand ways, but oh, if there is ANY WAY for me to avoid this situation for myself (and my family who would be caregivers if I were to become so disabled) it HAS TO BE THE HIGHEST PRIORITY NOW. 

I'm turning 60 in May and want to spend the last third of my life in the best shape ever.  No one is going to do this for me.  No one CAN do this for me. 

She was so excited when the new cable machine came in ... saying "You HAVE to do what you have to do, and SPEND whatever money is required to get yourself and keep yourself in TOP SHAPE."

YAY for DAY 1.  I'm going to go fix my protein green smoothie.  I've loved this for years.  No changes here:  Protein powder, lots of spinach, a few berries and frozen bananas. A little TRUVIA for sweetening.    Some flax seed and I've added CHIA SEED for protein.  YUMMY.  I make it for me and Bob almost every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment