Monday, March 31, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 40

I got up and really worked those weights this morning.  Our handweights only go up to 20 pounds, and that has gotten too light.  I will go shopping tomorrow for 25 pounders.  It was the most amazing thing, as I was focusing so hard (with my classical music urging me on -- that adds so much to my workout!) the answers to some concerns came so clearly in my head, as full sentences! It was SO encouraging ... and an answer to prayer that came at such a surprising time. 

Our wonderful Bishop and his wife had us over for dinner to see Cooper's missionary pictures from Brazil, and be with us before Cooper leaves on Friday.  She is a true health cook, and had fixed a delicious dinner with quinoa, chicken, and her own Ezekiel bread rolls with sprouted wheat.  She had a fabulous kale salad with raspberries, and She'd even made a dessert that I had a small taste of made with some grains, and a bit of powdered honey ... I'm not one to spend much time cooking, but her meal tonight was an inspiration.

I have a new book I'm so excited about:  "Joseph Smith and Natural Foods" by John Heinerman.  So many things have changed in 150+ years of course, but so many have NOT, and I'm excited to learn and share!

The scale is down another small notch or two, and the slacks that I was so tickled to wear to the Relief Society party two weeks, are VERY comfortable now.  A lovely day -- we will miss Cooper so much when he leaves the end of the week for BYU-I but it's a bigger thrill to watch your kids grow up and find their own paths :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment