Sunday, March 30, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 39

Wrapping up the weekend.  I have got to get it through my head that if I want to exercise 6 days a week, I MUST get up early enough on Saturday to do that.  Sunday is definitely my day off from exercising.  A lovely, lovely Sunday at Church, then with Cooper's last Sunday with us.  We fixed his favorite baked chicken, sugar-free jello, and a big green salad.  Mashed potatoes and rolls for those who wanted them.  Yummy, but more than that -- yummy to the heart and spirit to just all be together before he leaves the end of the week.

It's Cooper's last week at home before heading off to Utah/Idaho and school.  There have been so many lovely invitations for us, and people we've invited as well.  One almost every day/night this week, and will be throughout this week too.

Last night we had a beautiful couple -- the wife who grew up in Brazil and the husband who went on his LDS mission to Brazil.  They met at BYU in the early 80's.  They are about our age, with grown children.  So talented and accomplished in their professions.  She brought a popular Brazailian bean and meat dish (fasjeida or something like that LOL) that is served over rice.  It was easy to make that work in the plan. I just had small servings of the rice and the lean beef.   We also had the popular soda that they drink constantly in Brazil called "Guarana" ... but after tasting it when Cooper first got home, I am back to  just water.  (Soda has not been a priority for me for many years)

Dessert was a chocolate Texas cake (Cooper's favorite), but we have become so comfortable saying, "Dessert and fruit" ... so everybody had whatever they wanted.  Cake or fresh strawberries and oranges.  It gets easier and easier and easier to just quietly pass, and at this point, nobody even really says a thing or thinks a thing when both Bob and I just have the fruit, or a little more salad from dinner.

I am ready to start the week with WORKING OUT HARD every day -- especially since there are special dinners Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with dear friends and family that mean the world to us.

The days of the challenge are clicking on by, and I know that the overall goal of the extended 10 (or 12 week as I am doing) challenge is to create a lifestyle.

Based on the ease of how easy it was to choose much smaller portions for our special meal last night, and not feel obligated to eat the chocolate cake or drink the soda with everyone .... I'm at peace, and not feeling deprived in any way.

Tonight I'm grateful for the wise choices I've made for many years that have laid a pretty good foundation for really upping it a notch these past several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment