Monday, March 17, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAYS 32-34

Life has settled down and we had a lovely weekend.  Just Cooper at home, for another 3 weeks, then it will be just Bob and me.

I had another fall on Saturday morning.  Not serious, but it was an eye-opener.  I left the house in the early morning darkness to take friends to the airport.  I didn't turn on the front porch light, but missed a step on our brick front porch.  All of a sudden - just falling.  Last summer we put a pretty railing on the porch, not really for support but curb appeal. But was  I ever grateful for that railing!

It was a renewed commitment to do my best with strengthening my body and agility for ME, but to also know that lots of things are out of our own control.  (And for heaven's sake, to turn on the porch light!)  I know a lady who missed a step from the kitchen to the garage one morning while rushing to leave for work.  She ended up breaking BOTH ankles and was out of commission for months.  Her weight played a part in it, and you better believe it was very difficult for her to manage her weight having to stay at home and off BOTH feet for that extended time of healing.

Yesterday, with the snow forecast, it seemed like we should bake a treat, some kind of a healthy "something" -- but we sort of never got around to it.  A cup of sugar-free hot chocolate more than did the trick later in the evening.  It continues to be a surprise and a relief that I don't need to overeat one day a week as I used to.  Even with the Body For Life program that allows a day off that is unmonitored.

It's been 2 weeks, so I measured again this morning and am down fractions of inches that add up to about 2-3 inches since last time I measured.  Not gonna set any records, but I'm the tortoise not the hare this time! 

No doubt about it, my clothing is definitely roomier and more comfortable.  Staying put at about 5 pounds lost since starting 5 weeks ago. I am encouraged about all of it, but most by the steadiness of spirit I am feeling in making the meal pattern and foods plus the exercising a  livable lifestyle/habit. 

I am thinking of it all as a TIME INVESTMENT that will pay off for the rest of my life.  Who doesn't have 10-12 weeks to do that?  And what better time than now.




No comments:

Post a Comment