Friday, March 28, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 37

Although the dates on the calendar don't match up -- with the week I didn't record things with all the family, I truly am at DAY 37 in my success journal. It's a slow success -- got to admit.  But there's no denying the changes in how my clothing fits, the strength and intensity increasing in my workouts, etc.  The best feeling of all is just DOING it every day.

There are several days to catch up on.  I always have so much going on in my head it's hard to know where to start.

I wrote the Dear Glenn Beck article for Meridian a week ago.  My heart really goes out to him, and so MANY people I know, even very, very close friends, who can no longer eat normally with everyone else.  Their bodies just don't process food normally. They come to social things, but "not to eat" as my friend and the mother of two children with food difficulties, told me. What a bummer!  What a lifestyle change that NOBODY should have to embrace  ....

One of the comments at the end of the article said "I am really getting quite sick and tired of all the silly hype about avoiding sugar. When you get older things continue to go wonky. So be it."  Others have said similar things to me ... and that's just fine.  Everybody sure gets to do what they want to do!  Even my own grown sons drink more soda than I'm happy about.  But that's their deal and they are fabulous regardless!

This is my choice -- and as I watch these same wonderful sons of mine have one or 2 cookies, or a little candy, and then forget that it's there -- that's when I KNOW that they operate on a different mentality than mine.  I'm so grateful.  YAY for them!  YAY for anyone who can eat and enjoy sweets and treats without it taking over the evening, or the good time. 

Just because I've learned for me (and me only) that often eating sugar opens the door to more-more-more-more-more doesn't mean it's that way for all.  But for too many times through too many years  I've lost my freedom for an extended period of time -- sometimes for a few hours or a day or so, others for extended weeks or months,doesn't mean it works that way for everyone else. 

I'm so glad for them!!! And so glad that I'm at last finding my way.

General Conference is next week.  That means it's just over 6 months since I began this life-changing journey.  One of the blogs was even about looking forward to April Conference, and that I would have made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. And it's true!  I have.

It's such a relief ... on a daily basis.  To have put sugar in a quiet place that doesn't shout at me anymore.  I know too well it doesn't stay there without diligence and awareness ... but I know too, that I CAN and I AM managing just fine.

No drama.  I'm moving on to more important things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment