Friday, March 7, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAYS 23-25

Oh, my goodness, what a FUN roller coaster ride this week. Our missionary son Cooper (serveing in Santa Maria Brazil since March of 2012) arrived just two days ago! Our daughters from Utah and Idaho arrived later that afternoon with our 2 little granddaughters.  We spent the day driving in the car to both airports, (BWI and DULLES) Emily and her little girls were a surprise for all, so it was just a blast.

Cooper is amazing and wonderful!  Our daughter in law Cydney made the loveliest video that I am sharing here.  http://youtu.be/k1OE82PKfUM

That meal at the end?  Chipotle.  And me?  The burrito bowl -- without cheese, without sour cream, without guacamole, without a lot of things but mostly veggies, a little rice and little beans, and it tasted fabulous.  Next time I'll have the put half in another bowl to take home.  All OK.

We made the traditional family Texas Cake to welcome home (hello 3 sticks of margarine ... and me nibbling half of it to death for years,) but now it's Friday. That cake has come and gone without a blip on my screen.  What a joy and a relief.

As far as exercise, my weight training stuff is in the downstairs family room, where everybody is sleeping.  No room there, so I've turned to the old stair-stepping machine in the garage.  Cold, yes.  But a BETTER aerobics workout.  I've been enjoying high stepping on the trampoline, but this is working the old legs and heart even better.  I won't be giving it up.

The most important thing is my darling FAMILY.  All together for the first time in nearly four years, and the time together is just so rewarding for parents.  To feel so good physically is a tremendous blessing as well, as the demands on our time the past 2 weeks have been absolutely unreal.

YAY 12-Week Challenge!   YAY 5 pounds down!  Life has never been sweeter ... without sugar.

There are nearly 75 people getting launched on the challenge, and starting MOnday, I'll be sending daily messages.

WELCOME ALL!  Enjoy this fun video of us at the airport on Wednesday ....

http://youtu.be/k1OE82PKfUM

We're off to a fun overnight at a favorite beach place, and his homecoming is on SUNDAY MORNING.  Don't know if I'll have time to blog before Sunday night or Monday morning, but I'm IN THERE, and eating right ... for every right reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment