Thursday, March 13, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAYS 29-31

The party's over ... (I'm hearing the old tune that Nat King Cole sang in my head ... ) all the family and company have gone home.  My 92 year old Mother who lived with us for the past year and a half has moved to my sister's in Texas.  It has felt like 78 RPM (for those who remember the old record players) for longer than I care to even THINK about. 

The time has FINALLY come when I can do more for myself and for my 10-in-10 challenge buddies!  It's time to schedule some conference calls, start sending out a short message each day, etc.  YAY! 

Throughout the past week, with all the company and special happenings, I have not followed the B4L (Body for Life) 6-meals exactly, but generally, and this morning the scale was down another little bit. Just over five pounds in 5 weeks.  I exercised some, but not every day, and may put my finish date one week later with the big week that it was ... but I didn't bail on it at all, and it was SO fun to be trimmer and more energetic for this special family time!  To wear a size smaller ... and to forget about myself as we celebrated Cooper's return from Brazil together.

I'm well aware that this may seem like "nothing" to most of the world, but for an under 5 footer turning 60 in a couple of months, with a slowing metabolism, this is AMAZING!   I have tried for at least eight (maybe ten?) years to lose these 5-10 pounds. Nothing seemed to make a difference at all.  I am CONVINCED it is the Body for Life strategy of 6 small mini-meals each day, a little more protein and alternating the aerobics with the strength training/weight lifting.

With things settled down, I am committing to the Youthin as well.  I haved used it in the past, but not for more than a few days or a week at a time.  I have printed out all my own "Let's Do It!" handouts, and will do the Youthin through the end of my 12 week challenge.  What I loved about Youthin in the past was the nice energy flow AND that my skin looked brighter and younger. I'm excited to see how it goes for using it for the next 7-8 weeks!

I have a hard time remembering to take the 3 o'clock fat burner and capsule, so I've set the alarm on my cell phone as a reminder.

ANOTHER BIG THRILL:  For the monthly ladies night at Church last night, I wore a pair of fitted slacks that, like the dress last Sunday, I'd purchased a couple of years ago.  They were snug when I bought them (why do we even buy things that are too small?)  and I never wore them, but they were too cute (and too expensive) to just clear out of the closet and give away.

It felt so fun to wear them last night, with a cute top/sweater that I hadn't even realized matched them.
HOORAY!  I put them on as a lark, then found the top, and they were both  extremely comfortable all night! 

SO! It's five weeks into the challenge for me, and has already paid off in lovely ways.  I don't know that anybody else notices or cares, but it's not about THEM. It's about ME.  And I know how I can concentrate on others when I feel good about myself.

MORE THAN ANYTHING ... it's given me a bright and shining window to look forward to.  Definitely more energy and clarity.  And an improved VISION of what I'm all about  What if it turns out that my favorite exercise (lifting weights) is one I can do on my own terms on my own schedule at my own house, and that it results in stronger BONES and looking/feeling a whole lot better?

I'm thrilled to have a fun group with me as well, and committed to being as much of a support to them as they will let me be through daily messages and phone calls a couple of times a week.

Life is good :0)  Body for LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your progress. I, too, am feeling better mentally and physically. Definitely have more energy. Tried the tea for a few days but gave it up when just one ounce was too much. Made more today and will try again with a little tomorrow. I am wondering what the ingredients of the four Youthin pills are. I normally don't take a multivitamin because I eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. However the Body for Life program recommends taking one. I'm not sure what's in these pills and so I don't know what else is needed. Also, I'm curious as to why the first two posts from this blog came to my email but not this one. The sign-up thing says I'm signed up.
    Hope all can continue with good success!

    ReplyDelete