Tuesday, April 22, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 62

It was such a gorgeous spring day today!  I got my workout and scripture reading in FIRST, and oh, what a difference that makes.  Sacred time, both of them.

I spent 30 minutes in our front garden area before going to work, then returned to it at dusk.  Bob helped me finish getting ready for ZINNIAS!

  The last 2 years we have been too busy/pre-occupied to get our zinnia seeds in (plus the Dollar Store didn't have the seeds that have worked so well for us) and oh, how we MISSED them!  So I got out there this morning, and removed the fading daffodils (so sad -- but next year will come) to prepare the ground for the zinnia seeds that I bought at Amazon.  So exciting.

A gentle rain had really softened everything, making it possible to dig up a little bush that had totally died.  It always puts new meaning on "getting to the roots" when you dig something out, and hack it all apart.  I could wax eloquently (or at least pretend to?) on how this applies to the Challenge, but will save that for another day, in favor of ...

HULA HOOPING! I'd ignored the 3 we have for years, but tonight in the garage they caught my eye.  I've never been able to keep one up, but maybe I'll add this to the challenge as well.  There's nothing like it for building core strength, according to a friend that works at CURVES, who has the flattest, cutest tummy in the world (after 2 children.).

I asked Bob if he could do it.  He said that at one point, he could.  But tonight, neither of us could, so we just laughed it off.

But my MIND is off to the races.  And my fingers flew to YOUTUBE.  Wouldn't it be a blast if we could BOTH hula hoop and that be our talent for the Family Reunion this summer?  Wouldn't those 8 little grandkids get a kick out of a Grandma and Grandpa who had worked up a routine to some fun music? My grandparents never did anything like that.

Here's the YOUTUBE "How to Hula Hoop for Beginnners, and who knows.  Maybe by the end of the challenge, I'll post a video of me doing it ... 

How to Hula Hoop for Beginners



Oh, life is fun and a joy to share.  How thankful I am for my mortal body and this journey called earth life.

No comments:

Post a Comment