Wednesday, April 2, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAY 42

Today marks the half-way point of my 12-week Challenge!  There have definitely been some "lulls" in both my intensity and results, but overall, I'm way-enthused.  I think it must be the Youthin, the not perfect but consistent effort, etc., but I'm down about 6 pounds and the scale showed a number today I haven't seen in YEARS ... I just stared at it.  Everything is looser.  My skinny jeans, that I have used as my standard measure for over 10+ years, are still too snug to wear comfortably, but they zip.  Interestingly, I bought them when I was a Weight Wathcers leader, and my regular weight was actually a bit higher.  Goes to show how getting older has changed how it's all distributed.

I am ready to take on the 2nd half of the challenge with more discipline!  There will be more time since Cooper leaves on Friday to return to BYU-I.  It'll be just Bob and me, and the activity level is headed way-way-way down.  What a month it's been, with the quick trip to Texas and Mom, Cooper's arrival after 2 years in Brazil, all our children being here (and 2 little granddaughters for a week!)  So many dinners, friends, parties, gatherings, etc. for his return after 2 years.

It's just been magic.  I wish I'd taken more pictures.

WHEW -- But I've kept up with the program!  Exercise, mini-meals, water, Youthin ... And felt so physically fit and mentally in "high-five" mode for not just saying, "This is too crazy.  I'll start in April."

What it has all inspired more than anything else is that I LOVE the energy and clarity that comes from eating right and exercising.  I LOVE that more than indulging.  I LOVE leaving a restaurant comfortable and not stuffed.  I LOVE being able to wear my more fitted clothing.  I LOVE knowing that nobody (even my family) really cares that much about what I eat or how I look -- they love me for me. I LOVE being with them!

And that's why I want to be around for them in the healthiest best way possible, for both the immediate and long-term future.  The truth is, I am more secure,  more fun, happy, active, and comfortably "myself" when I feel my best.  And eating right and exercise does that for me. It's getting easier and easier to embrace this as a lifestyle.

OK -- DAYS 43-84!  I'M READY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment