Monday, May 5, 2014

12-Week Challenge DAYS 73-75

Monday morning.  Workout completed: CHECK.  First small meal: CHECK.

I am fully commited to making my last 10 days for my 12 weeks EXCELLENT.  I did some quick measuring (been doing every 2 weeks) and am tickled to see 1 1/2 inches off each thigh,  inches off my waist, and 2 1/2 inches off my bust -- in about 10 1/2 weeks.

And when you think about it, those are just one-spot measurements, as there is no way to really measure with a tape measure the whole length of the mid-section, thigh, etc.

Well, hello, little honey!  No WONDER my slacks are loose.

My B4L world is somewhat rocked by the book "Discovering The Word of Wisdom" by Jane Birch that I have scanned by myself, and am reading out loud with Bob.  My article about is up on Meridian today.  It's a topper (and hilarious).  I will continue my B4L 12 weeks exactly as written.  I have not been doing very little meat as it is, but when I do my next challenge, starting May 16, I will do it  with the whole-food plant based approach,  continue with 6 small meals, and of course the workout.

Bob and I had a long conversation yesterday about the years ahead of us.  I'm my mother's daughter in so many ways physically -- very much the same body build, and excellent constitution -- other than  the osteoporosis that we're so proactive with.   But as far as our hearts and organs, we're extremely blessed.

Meaning that I will live well into my 90's (as she is) and very probably to 100, as her Grandmother and aunts have ...

If I'm going to live to 100, I'm going to be as healthy as possible!  I'm going to be as HAPPY as possible! I'm going to be as INDEPENDENT as possible. That means that I need to be happy, enthusiastic and embrace taking care of myself as a joy, and not a burden so that I won't burn out way too soon.  There are 40 years ahead of me that I hope I don't need anyone to help me with, very much ...

If that means there needs to be a bit of vanity, with the motivation of looking better in clothes and the fun of styling myself up a bit, then I guess that what it means.

My head is a-whirl with the fact that these miserable 7 pounds, that I have tried SO MANY TIMES in the past 10 years to lose, are actually G-O-N-E. Along with quite a bit of the clothing that has been my "go-to" wardrobe that is now just plain-old too big.

 Muscle is now developing and it is burning calories all day, allowing me to eat and not be hungry -- allow with the 6 small meals a day, there's never a reason to be hungry.

Well, I'm just excited on this Monday morning, and committed to B4L and seeing where the next 10 days will take me to for my end date ofMay 15, my 60th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment