Wednesday, November 13, 2013

MY LAST DIPPED CONE

I was cleaning out my wallet a day or two ago.

There was the receipt for August 29, at McDonalds for a dipped cone.

I'm quite sure it was my last, before I returned in the next day or so to see that they had taken them off the menu.  (I blogged about that earlier -- they will forever be the food that symbolize the height of my sugar dependence in the Summer of 2013).

I will treasure that little receipt, and that date for the gifts they are:

1) I knew I was feeling frustrated and not in a good place with my obsessions with them.  I knew I was reaching a point where I had to deal with it.  That receipt will serve as a reminder of the dependence I had created ... going ahead and buying/eating even when I knew I didn't really want it and that it was far more hurtful (more psychological and spiritual, probably than physical) than anything one would ever consciously choose.

I will mark the date and celebrate my anniversaries of being dipped-cone-free by that date.  By Memorial Day, when they return to the menu, I'll be able to say, "I've been sugar-free for 9-months!  Long enough for something really WONDERFUL to have been born!"

I will cherish the feeling I had when I looked at that receipt and recognized how far I have come in the past couple of months, knowing that I could NEVER and HAVE NEVER done this on my own before!

I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ ... and have a new understanding of their love and care for me -- not for just my physical well-being, but for my peace and happiness that go with not being a slave to some silly frozen treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment